Wednesday 2 September 2015

Completed 3 Years in Williamsburg Northside Daycare

Today I completed my third year in Williamsburg Northside daycare, and truth be told, I am rather happy about it. I know that taking care of and teaching kids was not what I wanted to start my career with when I joined the daycare as a part-time teacher. At that time, I was still in college, and I had to pay off my loans, so when I got an opportunity to teach kids in Williamsburg Northside daycare, I took it. I had some experience with babysitting my neighbor’s kids, so I wasn’t much worried about the children in school. I wish I had thought this through. Handling school kids is nothing like babysitting. 

Dealing with kids is not as hectic as some people think. While it’s true that a screaming kid can tick some people off, things get easier when you stop thinking about yourself for once, and start thinking about the kid. A lot of people also make the mistake of shouting or screaming at children. Here in the US, I have seen, or heard about people who would shout at a crying toddler. This, in my opinion, is a horrible thing to do, and can result in serious psychological complications for the child. In Williamsburg Northside Daycare, kids are treated as valuable members of the society, and the future bearers of the flame of the human civilization. It is up to us to make sure that they are nurtured in a way that would make the next generation to the greatest one yet. 

Since its inception, the daycare has provided the kids with a stable platform to grow on, and become leaders. Our activities would include arts, music, crafts, and a chance to let the kids know about the world and the environment. I have seen a lot of kids who are more concerned about the planet than some grown-ups I know of, are. 

The concern that a many parents face, is that the trust they place on some teachers might be misused. But, in the 3 years that I have been here, I have never seen a teacher treat a toddler harshly.

No comments:

Post a Comment